O. Reg. 525/10: Chickens - Marketing
filed December 21, 2010 under Farm Products Marketing Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 525/10
made under the
farm products marketing act
Made: December 16, 2010
Filed: December 21, 2010
Published on e-Laws: December 22, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 8, 2011
Amending Reg. 402 of R.R.O. 1990
(Chickens — Marketing)
1. Regulation 402 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
20. (1) There shall be an advisory committee to be known as “The Chicken Industry Advisory Committee” established in accordance with this section.
(2) The members of the advisory committee shall be appointed for a one-year term that shall begin on January 1 of any given year and end on December 31 of that year.
(3) The advisory committee shall be composed of nine members, appointed as follows:
1. Three members shall be appointed by the Commission.
2. Three members shall be appointed by the local board.
3. Three members shall be appointed by the Association of Ontario Chicken Processors.
(4) The Commission shall appoint one of the members it appoints under paragraph 1 of subsection (3) as the chair of the advisory committee.
(5) If the Chair of the advisory committee dies, resigns or is unable to act, the Commission shall appoint a replacement chair from among the remaining members of the advisory committee.
(6) If a member of the advisory committee other than the Chair dies, resigns or is unable to act, the body that appointed the member shall appoint a replacement member to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the member’s term.
(7) If any of the bodies referred to in subsection (3) fails to appoint a member in accordance with that subsection or to appoint a replacement member in accordance with subsection (6), the Commission may appoint the member or replacement member.
(8) The advisory committee may advise and make recommendations to the local board in respect of,
(a) the promotion of harmonious relationships between persons engaged in the production and marketing of chickens;
(b) the promotion of greater efficiency in the production and marketing of chickens;
(c) the prevention and correction of irregularities and inequities in the marketing of chickens;
(d) the improvement of the quality and variety of chickens;
(e) the improvement of the circulation of market information respecting chickens; and
(f) any matter with respect to which the local board may be empowered to make regulations under the Act.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
Commission de commercialisation des produits agricoles de l’Ontario :
Date made: December 16, 2010.
Pris le : 16 décembre 2010.