O. Reg. 527/10: GENERAL
filed December 30, 2010 under Ambulance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. A.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 527/10
made under the
Made: December 2, 2010
Approved: December 15, 2010
Filed: December 30, 2010
Published on e-Laws: January 4, 2011
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 15, 2011
Amending O. Reg. 257/00
1. The heading to Part V of Ontario Regulation 257/00 is revoked and the following substituted:
Standard of patient care and Documentation
2. (1) Section 11 of the Regulation is amended by adding “by” after “employed” in the portion before clause (a).
(2) Clause 11 (a) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(a) patient care is provided in accordance with the patient care standards and procedures set out in the document entitled “Basic Life Support Patient Care Standards” published by the Ministry, as that document may be amended from time to time;
(3) Section 11 of the Regulation is amended by adding “and” at the end of clause (b) and by revoking clause (c).
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
11.1 An operator of an ambulance service and every emergency medical attendant and paramedic employed by or engaged as a volunteer by the operator shall ensure that documentation is provided by the emergency medical attendant or paramedic in accordance with the “Ontario Ambulance Documentation Standards” published by the Ministry, as that document may be amended from time to time.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day this Regulation is filed.
Deborah Drake Matthews
Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
Date made: December 2, 2010.