O. Reg. 187/11: Licensing of Electrical Contractors and Master Electricians
filed June 1, 2011 under Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 187/11
made under the
electricity act, 1998
Made: May 17, 2011
Filed: June 1, 2011
Published on e-Laws: June 2, 2011
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 18, 2011
Amending O. Reg. 570/05
(Licensing of Electrical Contractors and Master Electricians)
1. Subsection 10 (2) of Ontario Regulation 570/05 is amended by adding “under this section” after “issued” in the portion before clause (a).
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Provisional electrical contractor licence for powerline technician work
10.1 (1) A person may be issued a provisional electrical contractor licence in accordance with this section if the person holds a provisional electrical contractor licence issued under section 10, where a Director has issued a proposal under subsection 113.3 (1) of the Act to grant the licence subject to the condition that the person’s electrical work is limited to work as a powerline technician and the Director has carried out the proposal under section 113.4 of the Act.
(2) Clauses 10 (2) (a), (b) and (d) to (h) and subsections 10 (4), (5) and (6) apply to a provisional electrical contractor licence issued under this section and an applicant for such a licence.
3. Clause 11 (b) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “or” at the end of subclause (ii), by adding “or” at the end of subclause (iii) and by adding the following subclause:
(iv) as a powerline technician working under a certificate of qualification issued under the Trades Qualification and Apprenticeship Act to a lineworker as defined in Regulation 1067 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Lineworker) made under that Act;
4. (1) Subsection 15 (12) of the Regulation is amended by adding “issued under section 10” after “licence”.
(2) Section 15 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(13) An application for a renewal of a provisional electrical contractor licence issued under section 10.1 may be made up to and including November 30, 2015, but not after.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2011 and the day it is filed.