O. Reg. 283/11: Conduct and Duties of Police Officers Respecting Investigations by the Special Investigations Unit
filed June 23, 2011 under Police Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.15Skip to content
ontario regulation 283/11
made under the
Police Services Act
Made: June 22, 2011
Filed: June 23, 2011
Published on e-Laws: June 24, 2011
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 9, 2011
Amending O. Reg. 267/10
(Conduct and Duties of Police Officers Respecting Investigations by the Special Investigations Unit)
1. Subsection 6 (2) of Ontario Regulation 267/10 is amended by striking out “shall not communicate with any other police officer” and substituting “shall not communicate directly or indirectly with any other police officer”.
2. Section 7 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) Witness officers may not be represented by the same legal counsel as subject officers.
3. Section 9 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(5) The notes made pursuant to subsections (1) and (3) shall be completed by the end of the officer’s tour of duty, except where excused by the chief of police.
4. This Regulation comes into force on August 1, 2011.