O. Reg. 396/11: GENERAL
filed August 23, 2011 under Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 396/11
made under the
pension benefits act
Made: August 17, 2011
Filed: August 23, 2011
Published on e-Laws: August 25, 2011
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 10, 2011
Amending Reg. 909 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Part I of Regulation 909 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section before the heading “Significant Shareholder Plans”:
47.8 (1) Subsection 9 (1) of Schedule III of the federal investment regulations, as defined in section 66, does not apply in respect of a derivative contract described in subparagraph 4 ii of subsection 35.1 (5) of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System Act, 2006 if the following conditions are satisfied:
1. The return is based on the performance of all or, with regards to the number of investments, a diversified part of the pension fund maintained to provide benefits in respect of any of the OMERS pension plans.
2. The derivative contract is entered into by an administrator with either,
i. a corporation that is an authorized subsidiary of the OMERS Administration Corporation under section 35.1 of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System Act, 2006, or
ii. an investment entity described in subsection 35.1 (4) of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System Act, 2006.
3. After the administrator enters into the derivative contract, not more than 10 per cent of the total book value of the pension fund of the pension plan administered by the administrator is directly or indirectly invested in any one underlying asset, business or investment.
(2) In this section,
“OMERS pension plans” has the same meaning as in subsection 1 (1) of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System Act, 2006.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.