O. Reg. 54/12: INDEPENDENT FOREST AUDITS
filed April 18, 2012 under Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994, S.O. 1994, c. 25Skip to content
ontario regulation 54/12
made under the
Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994
Made: April 4, 2012
Filed: April 18, 2012
Published on e-Laws: April 19, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 5, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 160/04
(Independent Forest Audits)
1. (1) Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 160/04 is amended by striking out “At least once every five years” at the beginning and substituting “At least once every five years or at such later time as the Minister may determine under subsection (4)”.
(2) Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(4) The Minister may extend, by a period of two years or less, the five-year period within which a forest audit for a management unit must be conducted under subsection (1) if,
(a) the extension would ensure that the forest audit occurs in the second or seventh year of the forest management plan for the management unit, whichever year occurs first; or
(b) a licence to harvest forest resources has been granted with respect to the management unit and the extension would ensure that the audit period covered by the forest audit ends at the same time as the licence’s review period under subsection 26 (3) or (3.1) of the Act, as the case may be.
(5) In deciding whether to extend a forest audit period under subsection (4), the Minister shall consider, among other considerations,
(a) the results of the previous forest audit of the management unit; and
(b) if a person who holds a licence to harvest forest resources in the management unit prepared an action plan in response to the previous forest audit, the licensee’s implementation of the action plan.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.