O. Reg. 121/12: ADJUSTMENTS UNDER SECTION 25.33 OF THE ACT
filed June 1, 2012 under Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 121/12
made under the
electricity act, 1998
Made: May 30, 2012
Filed: June 1, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 1, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 16, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 429/04
(adjustments under section 25.33 of the act)
1. Part II (sections 1.2 to 3) of Ontario Regulation 429/04 is revoked.
2. The heading to Part III of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
3. Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “for months commencing after December 31, 2010” at the end.
4. The definitions of “adjustment period” and “base period” in subsection 5 (1) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
“adjustment period” means a 12-month period commencing July 1;
“base period” means, in relation to an adjustment period, the 12-month period ending April 30 in the same calendar year in which the adjustment period commences;
5. Subsection 7 (3) of the Regulation is revoked.
6. Section 17 of the Regulation is revoked.
7. Section 19 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Election to be Class B market participant or Class B consumer
19. (1) A person or entity may elect to be a Class B market participant for an adjustment period if the person or entity will be a market participant for the adjustment period.
(2) A person or entity may elect to be a Class B consumer for an adjustment period if the person or entity will be a consumer for the adjustment period.
(3) The person or entity may make the election under this section for an adjustment period by giving written notice of the election to the IESO or to its licensed distributor, as the case may be, during the calendar year in which the adjustment period begins, but the notice must be given no later than June 15 of that year.
(4) The election ceases to have effect at the end of the adjustment period.
8. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.