O. Reg. 159/12: BUILDING CODE
filed June 20, 2012 under Building Code Act, 1992, S.O. 1992, c. 23Skip to content
ontario regulation 159/12
made under the
Building Code Act, 1992
Made: June 20, 2012
Filed: June 20, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 21, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 7, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 350/06
1. Table 184.108.40.206. of Division B of Ontario Regulation 350/06 is amended by adding the following:
Supplementary Standard SB-13, June 12, 2012
Glass in Guards
2. Section 3.1. of Division B of the Regulation is amended by adding the following Subsection:
3.1.20. Glass in Guards
(1) Except as provided in Article 220.127.116.11., glass in guards shall conform to Supplementary Standard SB-13.
3. Sentence 18.104.22.168.(1) of Division B of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) Stairs, handrails and interior guards within a dwelling unit shall conform to the appropriate requirements in Section 9.8.
4. Section 4.1. of Division C of the Regulation is amended by adding the following Subsection:
4.1.5. Transition, July 2012
22.214.171.124. Transition Rule
(1) Subject to Sentence (2), the amendments to Section 3.1. and Article 126.96.36.199. of Division B, made by Ontario Regulation 159/12, do not apply with respect to construction for which a permit has been issued before July 1, 2012.
(2) Sentence (1) does not apply unless the construction is commenced within six months after the permit is issued.
(3) Despite Subsections 4.1.1. to 4.1.4., the requirements with respect to glass in guards set out in Articles 188.8.131.52. and 184.108.40.206. of Division B, as they read after June 30, 2012, apply with respect to construction for which a permit is issued after that date.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2012 and the day it is filed.