O. Reg. 164/12: GENERAL
filed June 22, 2012 under Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 164/12
made under the
pension benefits act
Made: June 20, 2012
Filed: June 22, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 22, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 7, 2012
Amending Reg. 909 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Subsection 14 (11) of Regulation 909 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(11) Despite subsection (10), the administrator may file the first report for which the valuation date is on or after September 30, 2011 and before March 31, 2012 by December 31, 2012.
2. Subsections 47.7 (2), (3), (3.1), (3.2) and (4) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) However, this section does not apply with respect to a public sector pension plan listed in Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 178/11 (Solvency Funding Relief for Certain Public Sector Pension Plans) made under the Act.
(3) Despite subsections 14 (10) and (11), a report under section 14 with a valuation date on or after September 30, 2011 and on or before May 31, 2012 may be filed or submitted on or before February 28, 2013.
(4) Despite subsection 12 (2), the employer shall pay the following into the pension fund no later than March 1, 2013:
1. All amounts due under a report described in subsection (3) on the date the report is filed or submitted.
2. Interest on those amounts calculated at the going concern interest rate or the solvency valuation interest rate, whichever applies in the circumstances.
(5) The actuary who prepares the report described in subsection (3) shall calculate the amount of interest that is payable under paragraph 2 of subsection (4).
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
47.7.1 Clause 4 (2.2) (b) does not apply to the following jointly sponsored pension plans for a report with a valuation date on or after January 1, 2012 and before April 1, 2018 that is filed after July 1, 2012:
1. Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Pension Plan, registered under the Act as number 0589895.
2. Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan, registered under the Act as number 0346007.
3. OMERS Primary Pension Plan, registered under the Act as number 0345983.
4. Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union Pension Plan, registered under the Act as number 1012046.
5. Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, registered under the Act as number 0345785.
6. Toronto Transit Commission Pension Fund Society, registered under the Act as number 0317586.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.