O. Reg. 282/12: ORDERS TO REIMBURSE BOARDS - DEDUCTIONS FROM WAGES
filed September 21, 2012 under Putting Students First Act, 2012, S.O. 2012, c. 11Skip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 282/12
made under the
PUTTING STUDENTS FIRST ACT, 2012
Made: September 21, 2012
Filed: September 21, 2012
Published on e-Laws: September 24, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 6, 2012
ORDERS TO REIMBURSE BOARDS — DEDUCTIONS FROM WAGES
Application of Regulation
1. This Regulation applies with respect to the deduction, under subsection 9 (6) of the Act, from an employee’s wages for amounts the employee is required to reimburse to a board under an order made under paragraph 4 of subsection 9 (2) of the Act.
Deductions on or before 97th school day
2. (1) This section applies to deductions from an employee’s wages that a board makes or begins on or before the 97th school day of the school year in which the order is made.
(2) A board may make deductions, in equal instalments, from the employee’s wages for four or more successive pay periods.
(3) An instalment deducted under subsection (2) from the employee’s wages for a pay period may not exceed 10 per cent of the employee’s gross wages for that pay period.
Deductions after 97th school day
3. (1) This section applies to deductions from an employee’s wages that a board begins after the 97th school day of the school year in which the order is made.
(2) A board may make,
(a) a single deduction from the employee’s wages for a single pay period; or
(b) more than one deduction from the employee’s wages for consecutive pay periods.
Notification to employee
4. A board shall notify an employee before making or beginning to make deductions from the employee’s wages.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.