O. Reg. 314/12: GENERAL
filed October 19, 2012 under Pension Benefits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 314/12
made under the
pension benefits act
Made: October 17, 2012
Filed: October 19, 2012
Published on e-Laws: October 19, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 3, 2012
Amending Reg. 909 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Paragraph 1 of subsection 47.7 (1) of Regulation 909 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
1. The pension plan is provided in respect of any of the following:
i. The Crown in right of Ontario.
ii. A Crown agency.
iii. A corporation, with or without share capital, that is not a Crown agency but is owned, operated or controlled by the Crown.
iv. Any board, commission, authority or unincorporated body of the Crown.
v. A corporation or other entity in the broader public sector as described in subsection (6).
(2) Section 47.7 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(6) For the purposes of this section, the broader public sector consists of,
(a) every district school board as defined in subsection 1 (1) of the Education Act;
(b) every person or entity that is a health service provider for the purposes of the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006;
(c) every college of applied arts and technology established under the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002;
(d) every university in Ontario, including its affiliated and federated colleges, that receives operating grants from the Government of Ontario;
(e) every municipality as defined in section 1 of the Municipal Act, 2001; and
(f) every children’s aid society that is designated in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.