O. Reg. 13/13: SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY DAYS
filed January 21, 2013 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 13/13
made under the
Made: January 21, 2013
Approved: January 21, 2013
Filed: January 21, 2013
Published on e-Laws: January 22, 2013
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 9, 2013
Amending Reg. 304 of R.R.O. 1990
(School Year calendar, professional activity days)
1. (1) Subsection 2 (3.1) of Regulation 304 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “Subject to sections 5 and 5.1” at the beginning and substituting “Subject to section 5”.
(2) Subsection 2 (3.1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
4. For the 2013-2014 school year, the minimum of 194 school days shall be designated as follows, despite paragraphs 1 to 3:
i. Five days shall be designated by the board as professional activity days.
ii. In addition to the five days required under subparagraph i, one day may be designated by the board as a professional activity day.
iii. Any school days not designated as professional activity days under subparagraphs i and ii shall be instructional days.
2. Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2.2) For the 2013-2014 school year, if a board designates a professional activity day under subparagraph 4 ii of subsection 2 (3.1), it shall ensure that some of the professional activities relate to curriculum development, implementation and review.
3. Section 4.1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) For the 2013-2014 school year, every board shall take the steps required under clauses (1) (a) and (b) with respect to two of the five professional activity days required under subparagraph 4 i of subsection 2 (3.1).
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Laurel C. Broten
Minister of Education
Date made: January 21, 2013.
Pris le : 21 janvier 2013.