O. Reg. 82/14: RESTRICTED PURPOSE REVENUES
filed March 27, 2014 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 82/14
made under the
Made: March 25, 2014
Filed: March 27, 2014
Published on e-Laws: March 28, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 12, 2014
Amending O. Reg. 193/10
(RESTRICTED PURPOSE REVENUES)
1. (1) Subsection 4 (1) of Ontario Regulation 193/10 is amended by striking out “within the meaning of subsection (3)” in the portion before paragraph 1.
(2) Subsection 4 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “within the meaning of subsection (3)” at the end.
(3) Subsection 4 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) A board shall not use more than the amount calculated in accordance with the following formula, in respect of a fiscal year, for the purpose of school renewal expenditures that are not capital asset costs:
[(A + B + C) × 1.05]/3
“A” means the amount used by the board in the 2012-2013 fiscal year for the purpose of school renewal expenditures that are not capital asset costs,
“B” means the amount used by the board in the 2011-2012 fiscal year for the purpose of school renewal expenditures that are not capital asset costs, and
“C” means the amount used by the board in the 2010-2011 fiscal year for the purpose of school renewal expenditures that are not capital asset costs.
(4) In this section,
“capital asset cost”, in respect of a fiscal year, has the same meaning as “capital asset cost” or as “capital asset addition”, as the case may be, in the legislative grant regulation for the fiscal year (“coût d’immobilisations”);
“school renewal expenditure” is an expenditure by a board that is categorized as a school renewal expenditure in the most recent version of the Ministry’s Uniform Code of Accounts, which is available for public inspection at the offices of the Education Finance Branch of the Ministry of Education and on the Ministry’s website (“dépense de réfection des écoles”).
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Mental health leaders
5.1 (1) Subject to subsection (2), a board shall use the amount determined for mental health leaders (part of the board’s learning opportunities allocation) under the legislative grant regulations only for the purpose of paying the salaries and benefits of mental health leaders.
(2) Where a board did not incur expenses in a fiscal year by reason of a strike or lock-out affecting the operations of the board, the amount referred to in subsection (1) shall be adjusted by deducting the portion of those unincurred expenses that is attributable to mental health leaders.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2), unincurred expenses shall be calculated in accordance with Ontario Regulation 486/98 (Board Expenses not Incurred by Reason of Strike or Lock-out) made under the Act.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of September 1, 2014 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Elizabeth Jean Sandals
Minister of Education
Date made: March 25, 2014.
Pris le : 25 mars 2014.