O. Reg. 227/14: STATUTORY ACCIDENT BENEFITS SCHEDULE - EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2010
filed November 27, 2014 under Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. I.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 227/14
made under the
Made: November 26, 2014
Filed: November 27, 2014
Published on e-Laws: November 28, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 13, 2014
Amending O. Reg. 34/10
(STATUTORY ACCIDENT BENEFITS SCHEDULE - EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2010)
1. Subsection 49 (3) of Ontario Regulation 34/10 is amended by striking out the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting the following:
(3) If an insurer to whom a Guideline referred to in subsection (1) applies receives an invoice that complies with subsection (1), the insurer shall, in the circumstances set out in the Guideline, report the following to the central processing agency in the manner and within the time required by the Guideline:
. . . . .
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Amounts payable under a Guideline — unlicensed provider
49.1 If an insured person receives goods or services specified in a Guideline that applies for the purposes of section 49 from a provider who does not hold a licence issued under subsection 288.5 (3) of the Act, the following rules apply in addition to the requirements of section 49:
1. The provider shall deliver an invoice for the expense, in the form approved by the Superintendent and including all of the information required by the form, to the insured person to whom the goods or services referred to in the invoice were delivered or rendered.
2. The insured person to whom the goods or services were delivered or rendered shall deliver the invoice described in paragraph 1 to the insurer.