O. Reg. 277/15: GENERAL
filed September 18, 2015 under Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires Act, 1994, S.O. 1994, c. 11Skip to content
ontario regulation 277/15
made under the
Credit unions and caisses populaires act, 1994
Made: September 16, 2015
Filed: September 18, 2015
Published on e-Laws: September 18, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 3, 2015
Amending O. Reg. 237/09
1. (1) Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 237/09 is amended by adding the following definition:
“credit union website” means a website that a credit union uses in relation to its business, including any information provided by the credit union that is accessible on a telecommunications device, but does not include a website that is accessible only by employees or agents of the credit union; (“site Web de caisse populaire”).
(2) Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4) For the purposes of this Regulation, a website is not a credit union website by reason only that the website provides access to a credit union website or promotes the business of a credit union.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
42.1 (1) A credit union shall not, on a credit union website, directly or indirectly promote, or provide access to another website that promotes,
(a) an insurer, agent or broker that deals in a type of insurance that is not an authorized type of insurance; or
(b) an insurance policy of an insurer, agent or broker, or a service in respect of such a policy, that provides a type of insurance that is not an authorized type of insurance.
(2) A credit union shall not engage in a promotion described in clause 42 (1) (b) on a credit union website unless the promotion relates to an insurer, agent or broker that deals only in authorized types of insurance.
(3) A credit union shall not engage in a promotion described in clause 42 (2) (d) on a credit union website unless the promotion relates to a policy of an authorized type of insurance.
3. Clause 44 (b) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Cemeteries Act (Revised)” and substituting “Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002”.
4. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Sections 1 and 2 come into force on the later of January 1, 2016 and the day this Regulation is filed.