O. Reg. 304/15: PROVISION OF COMMUNITY SERVICES
filed October 1, 2015 under Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994, S.O. 1994, c. 26Skip to content
ontario regulation 304/15
made under the
Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994
Made: September 30, 2015
Filed: October 1, 2015
Published on e-Laws: October 2, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 17, 2015
Amending O. Reg. 386/99
(PROVISION OF COMMUNITY SERVICES)
1. Subsection 4 (1) of Ontario Regulation 386/99 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) A community care access centre shall not provide a person with more than the lesser of the following amounts of nursing services:
1. 150 visits to or from a registered nurse, a registered practical nurse or a registered nurse in the extended class in a 30-day period.
2. The following number of hours of service in a 30-day period:
i. 230 hours of service, if the services are provided by either or both registered nurses or registered nurses in the extended class,
ii. 284 hours of service, if the services are provided by registered practical nurses, or
iii. 258 hours of service, if the services are provided by,
A. both registered nurses and registered practical nurses,
B. both registered practical nurses and registered nurses in the extended class, or
C. all of registered nurses, registered practical nurses and registered nurses in the extended class.
(1.1) Despite subsection (1), if a community care access centre determines that extraordinary circumstances exist that justify the provision of additional services, the community care access centre may provide more than the maximum amount of nursing services set out in that subsection,
(a) to a person who is in the last stages of life;
(b) to a person who is awaiting admission to a long-term care home, and who has been placed on a waiting list by a placement co-ordinator under regulations made under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and is currently on that list; or
(c) for no more than 30 days in any 12-month period, to any other person.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of October 1, 2015 and the day it is filed.