O. Reg. 194/16: REPORTING TO THE REGISTRAR: ADMINISTRATIVE SUSPENSION OF DRIVERS' LICENCES
filed June 9, 2016 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 194/16
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: June 1, 2016
Filed: June 9, 2016
Published on e-Laws: June 9, 2016
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 25, 2016
REPORTING TO THE REGISTRAR: ADMINISTRATIVE SUSPENSION OF DRIVERS’ LICENCES
Reporting under s. 172 of the Act
1. (1) A police officer who requests a person to surrender his or her driver’s licence under clause 172 (5) (a) of the Act shall notify the Registrar of the request and provide the person with the notice of suspension required under subsection 172 (10) of the Act.
(2) A police officer may cause another police officer or a person employed by a police service to notify the Registrar under subsection (1).
(3) Notification shall be given to the Registrar by any means of telecommunication.
(4) Notification shall be confirmed by the police officer who gave or caused the notification to be given by completing the form provided by the Registrar for that purpose and submitting it to the Registrar electronically at the time of the notification or as soon as practicable afterwards, electronically or otherwise.
2. Ontario Regulation 407/08 is revoked.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of October 2, 2016 and the day it is filed.