O. Reg. 331/17: SURVEYS OF MINING CLAIMS
filed August 16, 2017 under Mining Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.14Skip to content
ontario regulation 331/17
made under the
Made: July 26, 2017
Filed: August 16, 2017
Published on e-Laws: August 16, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 2, 2017
Amending Reg. 768 of R.R.O. 1990
(SURVEYS OF MINING CLAIMS)
1. Subsection 16 (3) of Regulation 768 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) The surveyor who completes the survey of a mining claim shall include on his or her field notes a certificate in which the surveyor certifies that he or she,
(a) has carefully examined the ground included in the mining claim;
(b) has made all reasonable investigations in his or her power to ascertain if there is a subsisting claim that conflicts with the mining claim; and
(c) has found no track or indication and has no knowledge or information of subsisting claims that conflict with the mining claim except for those subsisting claims, if any, listed in the certificate.
(4) A certificate under subsection (3) shall,
(a) identify the mining claim number of the mining claim and any subsisting claims that conflict with the mining claim; and
(b) be signed by the surveyor, indicating below the signature line the surveyor’s title as an Ontario land surveyor.
2. Subsection 17 (5) of the Regulation is revoked.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.