O. Reg. 346/17: GENERAL
filed August 31, 2017 under Ontario Drug Benefit Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.10Skip to content
ontario regulation 346/17
made under the
Ontario Drug Benefit Act
Made: August 30, 2017
Filed: August 31, 2017
Published on e-Laws: August 31, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 16, 2017
Amending O. Reg. 201/96
1. (1) Ontario Regulation 201/96 is amended by adding the following section:
16. (1) The additional amount the executive officer shall subtract under subsection 6 (1) of the Act from the amount the executive officer shall pay in respect of a listed drug product is 2.8 per cent of the sum of,
(a) the dispensing fee and mark-up amounts, as described in paragraphs 1 and 3 of subsection 6 (1) of the Act; and
(b) if the listed drug product is a designated pharmaceutical product, any amount associated with compounding the product calculated in accordance with the formula determined by the executive officer under clause 17 (2) (b) of the Act.
(2) Despite subsection (1), no additional amount shall be subtracted under subsection 6 (1) of the Act on the earlier of the end of the following days:
1. The day that the sum of the additional amounts subtracted under subsection 6 (1) of the Act in respect of a listed drug product equals or exceeds $35,000,000.
2. February 28, 2019.
(2) Section 16 of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), is revoked.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the later of September 1, 2017 and the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (2) comes into force on March 1, 2019.