O. Reg. 432/17: GENERAL
filed November 20, 2017 under Corporations Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.38Skip to content
ontario regulation 432/17
made under the
Made: August 30, 2017
Filed: November 20, 2017
Published on e-Laws: November 20, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 9, 2017
Amending Reg. 181 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Clause 5 (b) of Regulation 181 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(b) primarily or only a given name, surname, or full name, used alone, of an individual who is living or has died within 30 years preceding the date of filing an application for letters patent or supplementary letters containing the given name, surname, or full name;
2. (1) Subsection 6 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) A corporate name shall not contain a word or expression, an element of which is the full name or the family name, whether or not preceded by a given name or initials, of a particular individual who is living or who has died within the previous 30 years, unless the individual or his or her heir, executor, administrator, assign or guardian consents in writing to the use of the name.
(2) Subsection 6 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply where the corporation that will use the proposed name is the successor or affiliate of another corporation that has, as an element of its name, the full name or family name, if,
. . . . .
(b) the full name or family name is of historic or patriotic significance and has a connection with the objects of the corporation.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.