O. Reg. 512/17: JAMES BAY LOWLANDS SECONDARY SCHOOL BOARD
filed December 15, 2017 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 512/17
made under the
Made: December 13, 2017
Filed: December 15, 2017
Published on e-Laws: December 15, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 30, 2017
Amending Reg. 294 of R.R.O. 1990
(JAMES BAY LOWLANDS SECONDARY SCHOOL BOARD)
1. (1) Subsection 5 (1) of Regulation 294 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “Meetings” at the beginning and substituting “Subject to section 9, meetings” and by striking out “2010” and substituting “2018”.
(2) Subsection 5 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) The term of office of a member of the board shall be four years commencing on November 15 following the member’s election to the board.
(2.1) Despite subsection (2), the term of office of a member of the board elected to the board in 2018 shall commence on December 1, 2018 and end on November 14, 2022.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
9. (1) Before October 1 in the year before an election year, the board may pass a resolution that the board shall conduct the election in the election year in the same manner as for the members of a district school board.
(2) Despite subsection (1), in the 2018 election year, the board may, before March 1, 2018, pass a resolution that the board shall conduct the election of that year in the same manner as for the members of a district school board.
(3) Six days after passing a resolution under subsection (1) or (2), the board shall give notice of the resolution,
(a) in the same manner as provided in subsection 5 (4); and
(b) in writing to the clerk of the Town of Moosonee.
(4) If a resolution is passed under subsection (1) or (2), the election shall be conducted by,
(a) the secretary of the board; or
(b) if the secretary of the board is also a member of the board, the supervisory officer of the board.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.