O. Reg. 560/17: GENERAL
filed December 19, 2017 under Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 8Skip to content
ontario regulation 560/17
made under the
Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007
Made: December 13, 2017
Filed: December 19, 2017
Published on e-Laws: December 19, 2017
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 6, 2018
Amending O. Reg. 79/10
1. Subsections 198 (2), (3) and (4) of Ontario Regulation 79/10 are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) The Director may designate a specified number of long-stay program beds as a specialized unit in a long-term care home, subject to any terms and conditions the Director may specify,
(a) upon the recommendation of the local health integration network for the geographic area where the home is located; or
(b) upon the Director’s own initiative, after having considered the input of the local health integration network and the licensee of the home.
(3) In making a recommendation or providing input to the Director, the local health integration network shall provide the Director with whatever information the Director stipulates with respect to the types of accommodation, care, services, programs and goods to be provided by the specialized unit.
(4) The Director shall only designate a specialized unit in a home if,
(a) the licensee has agreed to the proposed designation; and
(b) the Director is satisfied with the licensee’s current compliance with requirements under the Act and with the licensee’s history of compliance as referred to in paragraph 3 of subsection 299 (1).
2. Section 206 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(7) Where the Director has designated a specialized unit for a specified time, the expiry of the specified time is deemed to be a revocation on the Director’s own initiative for the purposes of this section.