O. Reg. 339/18: LAMPS - USE OF FLASHING RED OR GREEN LIGHTS
filed April 25, 2018 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 339/18
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: April 18, 2018
Filed: April 25, 2018
Published on e-Laws: April 25, 2018
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 12, 2018
Amending O. Reg. 484/07
(LAMPS - USE OF FLASHING RED or GREEN LIGHTS)
1. The title to Ontario Regulation 484/07 is revoked and the following substituted:
LAMPS - USE OF FLASHING REd, Green or Blue LIGHTS
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Use of flashing red and blue lights
1.1 In addition to the vehicles listed in paragraphs 1 to 4 of subsection 62 (14.2) of the Act, the following are vehicles that may carry lamps that cast red and blue lights:
1. A Ministry of Revenue vehicle operated by a provincial offences officer designated under the Provincial Offences Act for the purposes of enforcing the Fuel Tax Act, the Gasoline Tax Act and the Tobacco Tax Act, while the officer is in the course of his or her employment.
2. An aviation and forest fire management vehicle operated by an officer for the purposes of the Forest Fires Prevention Act, while the officer is responding to a fire or other emergency.
3. Paragraph 2 of section 2 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “designated under the” and substituting “for the purposes of the”.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day subsection 14 (2) of Schedule 4 to the Cannabis, Smoke-Free Ontario and Road Safety Statute Law Amendment Act, 2017 comes into force and the day it is filed.