O. Reg. 87/19: BUILDING CODE
filed May 2, 2019 under Building Code Act, 1992, S.O. 1992, c. 23Skip to content
ontario regulation 87/19
made under the
Building Code Act, 1992
Made: May 1, 2019
Filed: May 2, 2019
Published on e-Laws: May 2, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 18, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 332/12
1. (1) Sentence 22.214.171.124.(1) of Division A of Ontario Regulation 332/12 is amended by striking out “Sentences (2) to (6)” and substituting “Sentences (2) to (7)”.
(2) Article 126.96.36.199. of Division A of the Regulation is amended by adding the following Sentence:
(7) Where a floor area or portion of a floor area within a farm building is intended to contain a hazardous extraction operation involving cannabis, the floor area or portion of the floor area shall be designed and constructed to comply with,
(a) the requirements for locking, latching and other fastening devices for doors set out in Article 188.8.131.52. of Division B of the Fire Code made under the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997,
(b) the ventilation requirements set out in Articles 184.108.40.206. to 220.127.116.11. of Division B of the Fire Code, where the hazardous extraction operation is intended to involve the use of flammable liquids or combustible liquids, and
(c) the ventilation requirements set out in Clauses 18.104.22.168.(1)(a) to (d) and (g) of Division B of the Fire Code, where the hazardous extraction operation is intended to involve the use of flammable gases.
2. Clause 22.214.171.124.(1)(c) of Division A of the Regulation is amended by adding the following definition:
Hazardous extraction means a process to remove or separate a substance from a solution or mixture that involves the use of flammable liquids, combustible liquids or flammable gases as solvents in the process.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2019 and the day it is filed.