O. Reg. 198/19: GENERAL
filed June 13, 2019 under Liquor Licence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 198/19
made under the
Liquor Licence Act
Made: June 6, 2019
Filed: June 13, 2019
Published on e-Laws: June 13, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 29, 2019
Amending Reg. 718 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Regulation 718 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
Importation of Liquor into Ontario
3.1 For the purposes of clause 33.1 (1) (c) of the Act, liquor may be imported into Ontario in the following circumstances:
1. The liquor is imported from outside of Canada in accordance with the Importation of Intoxicating Liquors Act (Canada).
2. The liquor is imported into Ontario from another province or territory of Canada by the Liquor Control Board of Ontario or under its authority.
3. The liquor is imported from another province or territory of Canada by a manufacturer licensed under section 22 of the Act solely for the purpose of blending the liquor with or using it to flavour spirits, beer or wine produced by the manufacturer.
4. The liquor is beer and is shipped from another province or territory of Canada by a manufacturer of beer licensed under section 22 of the Act to its facility in Ontario for the purpose of selling the beer to purchasers in Ontario in accordance with the terms of its licence.
5. The liquor is imported into Ontario from another province or territory of Canada to be used solely for medicinal purposes or for manufacturing or commercial purposes, other than the manufacturing of liquor or any use of the liquor as a beverage.
6. The liquor is imported into Ontario from another province or territory of Canada by a vendor of sacramental wines appointed by the Liquor Control Board of Ontario under clause 3 (1) (k) of the Liquor Control Act.
7. The liquor is transported through Ontario and is not opened or used while it is in Ontario.
(2) Paragraph 2 of section 3.1 of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), is revoked.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 4 of Schedule 38 to the Protecting What Matters Most Act (Budget Measures), 2019 comes into force and the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (2) comes into force on January 1, 2020.