O. Reg. 209/19: DEFINITIONS OF 'DEFICIENCY' AND 'MUNICIPAL DRINKING WATER SYSTEM'
filed June 24, 2019 under Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 32Skip to content
ontario regulation 209/19
made under the
Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002
Made: June 11, 2019
Filed: June 24, 2019
Published on e-Laws: June 24, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 13, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 172/03
(DEFINITIONS OF “DEFICIENCY” AND “MUNICIPAL DRINKING WATER SYSTEM”)
1. (1) Paragraph 1 of section 2 of Ontario Regulation 172/03 is revoked and the following substituted:
1. A drinking water system or part of a drinking water system, established after June 1, 2003, that serves a major residential development and satisfies the conditions set out in subsection (2).
(2) Section 2 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) The conditions referred to in paragraph 1 of subsection (1) are the following:
1. The drinking water system or part of the drinking water system is established in accordance with an agreement with a municipality, entered into under the Planning Act, the Development Charges Act, 1997 or the Condominium Act, 1998.
2. The agreement referred to in paragraph 1 provides that ownership of the drinking water system or part of the drinking water system may be transferred to one of the following:
i. The municipality.
ii. A public utility commission deemed to be a municipal service board under section 195 of the Municipal Act, 2001.
iii. A municipal service board established under sections 9, 10, 11 and 196 of the Municipal Act, 2001 or a city board as defined in subsection 3 (1) of the City of Toronto Act, 2006.
iv. A corporation established under sections 9, 10 and 11 of the Municipal Act, 2001 in accordance with section 203 of that Act or under sections 7 and 8 of the City of Toronto Act, 2006 in accordance with sections 148 and 154 of that Act.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2019 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre de l'Environnement, de la Protection de la nature et des Parcs,
Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks