O. Reg. 224/19: GENERAL
filed June 28, 2019 under Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009, S.O. 2009, c. 22Skip to content
ontario regulation 224/19
made under the
Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009
Made: June 27, 2019
Filed: June 28, 2019
Published on e-Laws: June 28, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 13, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 421/12
1. Ontario Regulation 421/12 is amended by adding the following section:
Transition, trade no longer prescribed
8. (1) The trades to which this section applies are the following:
1. Trades in the industrial sector:
i. Composite Structures Technician.
ii. Electrical Control (Machine) Builder.
iii. Fitter — Assembler (Motor Assembly).
iv. Precision Metal Fabricator.
v. Pump Systems Installer.
vi. Roll Grinder/Turner.
vii. Ski Lift Mechanic.
2. Trades in the motive power sector:
i. Tire, Wheel and Rim Mechanic.
3. Trades in the service sector:
i. Hardware, Lumber and Building Materials Retailer.
ii. Pool, Hot Tub and Spa — Installer.
iii. Pool, Hot Tub and Spa — Service Technician.
iv. Wooden Boat Rebuilder.
(2) Any registered training agreement in a trade listed in subsection (1) is cancelled on July 1, 2019.
(3) Any statement of membership or certificate of qualification in a trade listed in subsection (1) is cancelled on July 1, 2019.
(4) If, on or before June 30, 2019, a person held a statement of membership or certificate of qualification in a trade listed in subsection (1), the Registrar shall remove from the public register any information about the member relating to the trade.
(5) An individual who,
(a) holds a certificate issued by the Minister pursuant to section 66 of the Act in the trade of Tire, Wheel and Rim Mechanic; or
(b) held a certificate of qualification in the trade of Tire, Wheel and Rim Mechanic on June 30, 2019,
is deemed to have successfully completed a course of study approved by the Minister on the removal and replacement of wheels and rims for the purposes of paragraph 4 of subsection 2 (1).
(6) The College shall refund any annual membership fees paid by a person in respect of a period that includes June 30, 2019 or any later period, and who, on June 30, 2019, held a statement of membership or a certificate of qualification in a trade listed in subsection (1), unless the person was also, on that day, a member in a trade that continued to be a prescribed trade after that day.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2019 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre de la Formation et des Collèges et Universités,
Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities