O. Reg. 348/19: GENERAL
filed October 24, 2019 under Smoke-Free Ontario Act, 2017, S.O. 2017, c. 26, Sched. 3Skip to content
ontario regulation 348/19
made under the
Smoke-Free Ontario Act, 2017
Made: October 24, 2019
Filed: October 24, 2019
Published on e-Laws: October 25, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 9, 2019
Amending O. Reg. 268/18
1. Subsection 22 (3) of Ontario Regulation 268/18 is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) A person who sells vapour products or offers vapour products for sale at retail at a place that is not a specialty vape store may not display vapour products, and may only promote vapour products by,
(a) making available one or more documents providing information about vapour products and their price that comply with the conditions set out in subsection (3.1); and
(b) posting one or more signs providing information about vapour products and their price that comply with the conditions set out in subsection (3.2).
(3.1) The following are the conditions for the purposes of clause (3) (a):
1. The document may only be made available for viewing inside the place and may not be removed from the place.
2. The person making the document available for viewing shall ensure that it is not viewed by a person who is less than 19 years old, other than the owner or occupier of the place or one of their employees. For the purposes of this paragraph, a person who appears to be less than 25 years old is deemed to be less than 19 years old unless the person making the document available has required that person to provide identification and is satisfied that the person is at least 19 years old.
(3.2) The following are the conditions for the purposes of clause (3) (b):
1. No more than three of the signs may be posted in the place.
2. None of the signs may be more than 968 square centimetres in area.
3. Each sign must have a white background and only black text and graphics.
4. A sign must not include a text or graphic that identifies or reflects a brand of a vapour product or any element of such a brand.
(3.3) Subsection 4.1 (2) of the Act does not apply to promotion at a cannabis retail store within the meaning of the Cannabis Licence Act, 2018.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2020 and the day it is filed.