O. Reg. 471/19: FOOD PREMISES
filed December 23, 2019 under Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.7Skip to content
ontario regulation 471/19
made under the
Health Protection and Promotion Act
Made: December 12, 2019
Filed: December 23, 2019
Published on e-Laws: December 23, 2019
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 11, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 493/17
1. Part I of Ontario Regulation 493/17 is amended by adding the following section:
Low-risk or pre-packaged foods only
3.1 The following food premises are exempt from the provisions of clause 7 (3) (c) and of sections 18 and 32:
1. Food premises that do not prepare food and that distribute only low-risk food items, pre-packaged food items, or a combination of low-risk food items and pre-packaged food items.
2. Food premises that prepare only low-risk food items and serve only,
i. low-risk food items,
ii. pre-packaged, ready-to-eat food items, or
iii. a combination of low-risk food items and pre-packaged, ready-to-eat food items.
2. Subsection 14 (2) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
4. Live dogs in an outdoor eating area of a food service premise as long as food is not prepared in the eating area.
5. Live dogs in an indoor eating area of a food service premise if,
i. the only food items that are manufactured, processed or prepared at the food service premise are low-risk food items, and
ii. the dogs are in a room where only low-risk or pre-packaged, ready-to-eat food items, or both, are served, sold, offered for sale or displayed, and no manufacturing, processing or preparation of food items takes place in the room.