O. Reg. 99/20: EMERGENCY ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT
filed March 28, 2020 under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 99/20
made under the
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Made: March 28, 2020 (7:00 pm)
Filed: March 28, 2020
Published on e-Laws: March 30, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 11, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 52/20
(EMERGENCY ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT)
1. The title of Ontario Regulation 52/20 is revoked and the following substituted:
ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - Organized Public Events, CERTAIN gatherings
2. The third and fourth paragraphs of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
Now Therefore, this Order is made pursuant to paragraph 14 of subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Act, the terms of which are set out in Schedule 1;
And Further, this Order applies generally throughout Ontario.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following Schedule:
Organized Public Events, Certain Gatherings
1. (1) Subject to subsection (3), no person shall attend,
(a) an organized public event of more than five people, including a parade;
(b) a social gathering of more than five people; or
(c) a gathering of more than five people for the purposes of conducting religious services, rites or ceremonies.
(2) For greater certainty, subsection (1) applies to an event or gathering even if it is held at a private dwelling.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to the following:
1. A gathering of members of a single household.
2. A gathering for the purposes of a funeral service that is attended by not more than 10 persons.