O. Reg. 131/20: LIMITATION UNDER SECTION 451.1 OF THE ACT - NOISE BY-LAWS IN CONNECTION WITH CONSTRUCTION
filed April 7, 2020 under Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25Skip to content
ontario regulation 131/20
made under the
Municipal Act, 2001
Limitation under section 451.1 of the Act - Noise by-laws in connection with construction
1. For the purposes of section 451.1 of the Act, a municipality does not have power to prohibit and regulate with respect to noise made in connection with the following:
1. Construction projects and services in a municipality associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space, at any time of the day or night.
2. Any other construction activity in a municipality between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
2. This Regulation is revoked.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 2 comes into force 18 months after the day this Regulation is filed.