O. Reg. 238/20: ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) - CLOSURE OF PLACES OF NON-ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES
filed May 29, 2020 under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 238/20
made under the
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Made: May 29, 2020 (3:50 pm) Filed: May 29, 2020
Published on e-Laws: June 1, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 13, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 82/20
(ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) - CLOSURE OF PLACES OF NON-ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES)
1. Section 0.1 of Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 82/20 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(8) The amendments made by Ontario Regulation 238/20 take effect at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, May 31, 2020.
i.1 Batting cages.
3. Schedule 2 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
49. Drive-in cinemas that were in existence as of May 29, 2020 and that are in compliance with section 10 of Schedule 3.
4. Section 7 of Schedule 3 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) Every person responsible for an outdoor batting cage described in subparagraph 34.2 i.1 of Schedule 2 shall ensure that players bring their own equipment to use the cage and shall not rent or loan any equipment to players.
5. Schedule 3 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
10. Every person responsible for a drive-in cinema shall ensure the following:
1. Each person in attendance at the drive-in cinema, other than persons working at the drive-in cinema, must remain within a motor vehicle designed to be closed to the elements except,
i. where necessary to purchase admission to the drive-in cinema,
ii. where necessary to use a washroom, or
iii. as may otherwise be required for the purposes of health and safety.
2. A person must not be in a motor vehicle at the drive-in cinema that contains members of more than one household.
3. The driver of a motor vehicle at the drive-in cinema must ensure that it is positioned at least two metres away from other motor vehicles.
4. Every person working at the drive-in cinema must remain at least two metres apart from motor vehicles and from other persons, except for the purposes of facilitating the purchase of admission to the drive-in cinema.
5. Any washrooms that are open for use at the drive-in cinema must be cleaned and disinfected as frequently as is necessary to maintain a sanitary environment.
6. No food or beverages may be sold or provided to persons attending the drive-in cinema.
7. No materials may be exchanged between persons at the drive-in cinema, except,
i. materials exchanged between members of the same household,
ii. materials exchanged between persons who are working at the drive-in cinema, and
iii. such materials as are necessary to facilitate the purchase of admission to the drive-in cinema.
Under the authority delegated by Order in Council 574/2020,
and with the agreement of other ministers as required under that delegation,
En vertu du pouvoir délégué par le décret 574/2020,
et avec l’accord d’autres ministres, tel qu’exigé dans le cadre de cette délégation,
Pris par :
Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade/
ministère du Développement économique, de la Création d'emplois et du Commerce