O. Reg. 240/20: ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - MANAGEMENT OF RETIREMENT HOMES IN OUTBREAK
filed May 29, 2020 under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 240/20
made under the
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Made: May 29, 2020 (5:40pm)
Filed: May 29, 2020
Published on e-Laws: June 1, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 13, 2020
ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - MANAGEMENT OF RETIREMENT HOMES IN OUTBREAK
Whereas an emergency was declared pursuant to Order in Council 518/2020 (Ontario Regulation 50/20) on March 17, 2020 at 7:30 a.m. Toronto time pursuant to section 7.0.1 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (the “Act”) and has been extended pursuant to section 7.0.7 of the Act;
And Whereas the criteria set out in subsection 7.0.2 (2) of the Act have been satisfied;
Now Therefore, this Order is made pursuant to subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Act, in particular paragraphs 4, 6, and 14 of that subsection, the terms of which are set out in Schedule 1;
And Further, this Order applies generally throughout Ontario.
1. In this Order,
“Registrar” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010; (“registrateur”)
“retirement home” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010; (“maison de retraite”)
Authority to make mandatory management orders, retirement homes in outbreak
2. (1) The Registrar is authorized to make an order under subsection 91 (1) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 with respect to a retirement home where there is a risk of harm to residents of that home related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), if at least one resident or staff member in the retirement home has tested positive for that virus in a laboratory test.
(2) Subsection (1) applies despite any requirement or grounds set out in the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 or Ontario Regulation 166/11 (General) made under that Act, and despite any other statute, regulation, order or policy.
(3) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) shall set out the period of time during which the order is in effect, but the period shall not extend past the day this Order is revoked.
(4) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) shall set out the name of the person who is to manage the retirement home.
(5) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) is not subject to an application for a stay under subsection 101 (2) of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010.