O. Reg. 354/20: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTO
filed July 8, 2020 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 354/20
made under the
Made: July 6, 2020
Filed: July 8, 2020
Published on e-Laws: July 8, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 25, 2020
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTO
1. In this Order,
“ancillary” means a use, building or structure that is naturally and normally incidental, subordinate in purpose or floor area, and exclusively devoted to the apartment building on the same land, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) kitchen and dining facilities, and
(c) activity rooms and lounges.
2. This Order applies to the land in the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario, being part of Lots 19, 22, 23 and 24, designated as Parts 2-5, inclusive, and part of Part 6 on Reference Plan 66R-31332, and further identified by Property Identification Number 21279- 0427 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Toronto (No. 80).
3. Despite City of Toronto Zoning By-law No. 569-2013, the zoning requirements for the lands described in section 2 are as follows:
1. The maximum building height is 12 metres and 3 storeys.
2. A maximum of 44 dwelling units is permitted.
3. The maximum floor space index is 1.
4. The maximum building depth is 23 metres.
5. The minimum front yard setback is 6 metres.
6. No minimum wide strip of soft landscaping along any part of a lot line abutting another lot is required.
7. No parking spaces are required.
8. No loading spaces are required.
9. A minimum of five short-term bicycle parking spaces shall be provided.
10. A minimum of 32 long-term bicycle parking spaces shall be provided and the spaces are permitted to be outside in the rear yard.
11. The maximum permitted encroachment of a canopy, awning or similar structure into the front yard is 4.5 metres.
12. Ground-mounted heating, air-conditioning devices and mechanical equipment located in the front yard must be located a minimum of 4 metres from the front lot line.
13. Ground-mounted heating, air-conditioning devices and mechanical equipment located in the rear yard may be located less than 2 metres from the rear main wall.
4. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
5. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Toronto.
6. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: July 6, 2020