O. Reg. 608/20: ZONING ORDER - TOWNSHIP OF SPRINGWATER, COUNTY OF SIMCOE
filed October 30, 2020 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 608/20
made under the
Made: October 30, 2020
Filed: October 30, 2020
Published on e-Laws: November 2, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 14, 2020
ZONING ORDER - TOWNSHIP OF SPRINGWATER, COUNTY OF SIMCOE
1. In this Order,
“accessory” when used to describe a use, building or structure, means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to a principal use, building or structure located on the same lot, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) dining facilities,
(c) doctors’ offices,
(d) nursing stations,
(e) activity rooms,
(f) coffee shops and restaurants used in conjunction with the other uses on the lot,
(g) banks used in conjunction with the other uses on the lot, and
(h) hair salons used in conjunction with the other uses on the lot;
“retirement home” has the same meaning as in the Retirement Homes Act, 2010;
“zoning by-law” means Township of Springwater Comprehensive Zoning By-law 5000.
2. This Order applies to lands in the Township of Springwater in the County of Simcoe, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands outlined in red on a map numbered 246 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except for,
(a) a retirement home with a maximum of 240 dwelling units; and
(b) accessory uses, buildings and structures.
4. The zoning requirements for Institutional (I) Zone set out in the zoning by-law shall apply to the lands described in section 2 with the following exceptions:
1. The maximum building height is four storeys.
2. The minimum parking requirement is one parking space per dwelling unit.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of buildings or structures shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the Township of Springwater.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: October 30, 2020