O. Reg. 671/20: TEACHER PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
filed November 27, 2020 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 671/20
made under the
Made: November 26, 2020
Filed: November 27, 2020
Published on e-Laws: November 27, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 12, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 99/02
(TEACHER PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL)
1. Subsection 4 (6) of Ontario Regulation 99/02 is revoked and the following substituted:
(6) Once a teacher employed by a board receives a performance appraisal, each subsequent evaluation year of the teacher, as long as the teacher continues in the employ of that board, shall be preceded by at least four years that are not evaluation years for the teacher.
(7) If a teacher receives an additional performance appraisal under section 6 in a year that is not the teacher’s evaluation year, the following rules apply:
1. Despite subsection (6), the year in which the additional performance appraisal is conducted may be preceded by fewer than four years that are not evaluation years.
2. The year in which the additional performance appraisal is conducted is deemed to be an evaluation year.
3. The previous evaluation cycle is ended.
4. The year in which the additional performance appraisal is conducted is deemed to be the first year of a new evaluation cycle.
5. Subsection (4) does not apply with respect to the evaluation year mentioned in paragraph 2.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Performance appraisals, 2020-2021
4.1 (1) The 2020-2021 school year shall not be counted when determining an evaluation cycle under section 4.
(2) No performance appraisals, other than an additional performance appraisal under section 6, shall be conducted during the period that begins on the day Ontario Regulation 672/20 comes into force and ends on August 31, 2021.
(3) If a performance appraisal is conducted in respect of a 2020-2021 evaluation year, the evaluation year is deemed to be 2021-2022 for the purposes of determining the evaluation cycle.