O. Reg. 763/20: NON-ENFORCEMENT PERIOD - PRESCRIBED TENANCIES
filed December 17, 2020 under Commercial Tenancies Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.7Skip to content
ontario regulation 763/20
made under the
Commercial Tenancies Act
Made: December 16, 2020
Filed: December 17, 2020
Published on e-Laws: December 17, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 2, 2021
Non-Enforcement Period - Prescribed Tenancies
1. (1) The prescribed date for the purposes of clause (a) of the definition of “non-enforcement period” in section 79 of the Act is the 45th day after the day this Regulation comes into force.
(2) The prescribed period for the purposes of clause (b) of the definition of “non-enforcement period” in section 79 of the Act is the period that begins on December 17, 2020 and ends on April 22, 2022.
2. (1) The following criteria are prescribed for the purposes of subsection 80 (2) of the Act:
1. The tenant has been approved to receive the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy.
2. The tenant has provided proof of the approval referred to in paragraph 1 to their landlord.
3. Not more than 12 weeks have passed since the day the tenant was approved.
(2) For greater certainty, a tenancy may satisfy the criteria in subsection (1) in respect of more than one approval for the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy.