O. Reg. 9/21: CONTROLLED ACTS
filed January 13, 2021 under Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991, S.O. 1991, c. 18Skip to content
ontario regulation 9/21
made under the
Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991
Made: January 7, 2021
Approved: January 8, 2021
Filed: January 13, 2021
Published on e-Laws: January 13, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 30, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 107/96
1. (1) Ontario Regulation 107/96 is amended by adding the following section:
15. (1) For the purpose of administering a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine by injection, the following persons are exempt from subsection 27 (1) of the Act:
1. A member of the Ontario College of Pharmacists who is a Part A pharmacist, intern, registered pharmacy student or pharmacy technician.
2. A member of the College of Nurses of Ontario who is a registered nurse in the general or extended class or who is a registered practical nurse in the general class.
(2) The exemption under subsection (1) is subject to the condition that the person administering the vaccine is engaged to do so by an organization or other entity that has certified to the person that the organization or other entity is a party to an agreement with the Minister governing the administration of the vaccine.
(3) In this section,
“Part A pharmacist” means a member of the Ontario College of Pharmacists who holds a certificate of registration as a pharmacist and who is listed in Part A of the College’s register.
(2) Section 15 of the Regulation, as made by subsection (1), is revoked.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (2) comes into force on March 31, 2022.
Pris par :
La ministre de la Santé,
Minister of Health