O. Reg. 26/21: RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 1
filed January 25, 2021 under Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, S.O. 2020, c. 17Skip to content
ontario regulation 26/21
made under the
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
Made: January 22, 2021
Filed: January 25, 2021
Published on e-Laws: January 25, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 13, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 82/20
(RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 1)
1. (1) Paragraph 1.1 of Schedule 5 to Ontario Regulation 82/20 is revoked and the following substituted:
1.1 An individual who works for a manufacturer or distributor of pharmaceutical products or medical supplies, including medications, medical isotopes, vaccines, antivirals, medical devices, sanitizers and disinfectants.
1.2 An individual who works in a pharmacy as defined in the Drug and Pharmacies Regulation Act.
1.3 An individual who works in an establishment where goods or services are sold or offered for sale to the public, if a pharmacy as defined in the Drug and Pharmacies Regulation Act is located within the establishment.
(2) Paragraph 25.1 of Schedule 5 to the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
25.1 A staff member of a school as defined in the Education Act who provides, or supports the provision of, in-person instruction at a school to pupils with special education needs who cannot be accommodated through remote learning.
25.2 A staff member of a school as defined in the Education Act who,
i. provides or supports the provision of in-person teaching or instruction in a school that is permitted to provide in-person teaching and instruction under this Order, and
ii. has a child who is enrolled at a school that is not permitted to provide in-person teaching or instruction under this Order and who is not receiving in-person teaching or instruction.
(3) Paragraph 34 of Schedule 5 to the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
34. An individual who is employed by any of the following entities to carry out work that is deemed by the entity to be critical to the ongoing generation, transmission, distribution and storage of electricity, or the ongoing refining, transmission, distribution and storage of gas or other type of hydrocarbon, sufficient to meet the demands of the province of Ontario:
i. The Independent Electricity System Operator.
ii. A generator, transmitter or distributor within the meaning of the Electricity Act, 1998.
iii. A gas distributor or gas transmitter within the meaning of the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998.
iv. A distributor as defined in subsection 40 (3) of the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000 that is not already described in subparagraph ii or iii.
v. An oil refinery.
(4) Schedule 5 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
35.1 An individual employed in a business involved in the collecting, transporting, storing, processing, disposing or recycling of any type of waste.
. . . . .
38.1 An individual who works in a supermarket, grocery store, convenience store, farmer’s market or other store that primarily sells food, other than an establishment described in section 6 of Schedule 2.
38.2 An individual who works at a business that produces food, beverages, or agricultural products including plants, including by farming, harvesting, aquaculture, hunting or fishing.
38.3 An individual who works at a business that supports the food or agricultural products supply chains.
38.4 An individual who is engaged in work that involves driving a Class A or D motor vehicle as described in Ontario Regulation 340/94 (Drivers’ Licences) made under the Highway Traffic Act.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 27, 2021 and the day it is filed.