O. Reg. 156/21: SPECIMEN COLLECTION CENTRES
filed March 3, 2021 under Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.1Skip to content
ontario regulation 156/21
made under the
Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act
Made: March 3, 2021
Filed: March 3, 2021
Published on e-Laws: March 4, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 20, 2021
Amending Reg. 683 of R.R.O. 1990
(SPECIMEN COLLECTION CENTRES)
1. Section 0.1 of Regulation 683 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
0.1 In this Regulation,
“COVID-19 point-of-care testing” means testing that employs a COVID-19 medical device authorized by the Minister of Health (Canada) for point-of-care use.
2. Clause 5 (1) (f) of the Regulation is amended by,
(a) striking out “or” at the end of subclause (i); and
(b) revoking subclause (ii).
3. Section 10 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
10. A person who collects specimens for COVID-19 point-of-care testing is exempt from sections 5 to 16 of the Act and from the provisions of this Regulation.
O. Reg. 23/21
4. Subsections 3 (2) and 4 (2) of Ontario Regulation 23/21 are revoked.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.