O. Reg. 160/21: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF HAMILTON
filed March 5, 2021 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 160/21
made under the
Made: March 5, 2021
Filed: March 5, 2021
Published on e-Laws: March 5, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 20, 2021
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF HAMILTON
1. In this Order,
“Zoning By-law” means the City of Hamilton Zoning By-law No. 05-200.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Hamilton, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands described as part of Lot 2, on Registrar’s Complied Plan 1484, as identified by Property Identification Number 17178-0152 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Wentworth (No. 62).
3. The zoning requirements for the uses set out in the Downtown Mixed Use — Pedestrian Focus (D2) Zone of the Zoning By-law shall apply to the lands described in section 2 of this Regulation, except that a multiple dwelling shall be permitted within the portion of the ground floor of the existing building that has frontage on Main Street East.
4. Access to a multiple dwelling shall be from the Main Street East frontage of the lands described in section 2.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Hamilton.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: March 5, 2021