O. Reg. 217/21: RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 2
filed March 19, 2021 under Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, S.O. 2020, c. 17Skip to content
ontario regulation 217/21
made under the
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
Made: March 19, 2021
Filed: March 19, 2021
Published on e-Laws: March 19, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 3, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 263/20
(RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 2)
1. Subsection 3 (1) of Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 263/20 is amended by striking out “additional restrictions” and substituting “other provisions”.
2. (1) Paragraphs 7 and 8 of subsection 1 (1) of Schedule 2 to the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
7. All people who are seated together at a table in the establishment must be members of the same household, a member of one other household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of either household.
8. The total number of patrons permitted to be seated indoors in the establishment must be limited to the number that can maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from every other person in the establishment, and in any event cannot exceed the lesser of,
i. 50 patrons, and
ii. 50 per cent capacity, which is determined by taking the total square metres of indoor dining area accessible to the public in the establishment, dividing that number by 2 and rounding the result down to the nearest whole number.
8.1 The person responsible for the establishment must post a sign in a conspicuous location visible to the public that states the maximum capacity they are permitted to operate under.
(2) Section 1 of Schedule 2 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4) The physical distancing described in subsections 3 (1) and 3.1 (4) of Schedule 1 is not required when patrons are seated together at a table in an establishment.