O. Reg. 290/21: ELEVATING DEVICES
filed April 16, 2021 under Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000, S.O. 2000, c. 16Skip to content
ontario regulation 290/21
made under the
Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000
Made: April 15, 2021
Filed: April 16, 2021
Published on e-Laws: April 16, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 1, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 209/01
1. Ontario Regulation 209/01 is amended by striking out “designated administrative authority” wherever it appears and substituting in each case “Corporation”.
2. The definition of “secondary carrier” in subsection 1 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “one or more persons is” and substituting “one or more persons are”.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Reporting elevator outages
38.1 (1) In this section,
“long-term care home” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007;
“outage” means, in relation to an elevator, a period of time that is 48 hours or longer in which the elevator is out of service;
“residential occupancy” has the same meaning as in Ontario Regulation 332/12 (Building Code) made under the Building Code Act, 1992.
(2) If an elevator in a long-term care home or in a building that is used partially or entirely for residential occupancy experiences an outage, the owner of the elevator shall submit a report to the Corporation no later than 30 days after the day the elevator is returned to service.
(3) The report required by subsection (2) shall be in the form published by the Corporation and shall contain the following information:
1. The address of the premises where the elevator is installed.
2. The number of elevators in the building.
3. The installation number allocated to the elevator.
4. The number of floors which the elevator serves.
5. The date and time that the outage started and ended.
6. The cause of the outage, including any factor that prolonged the elevator being out of service.
7. The year in which the elevator was installed.
8. If a major alteration has been made to the elevator, the date that the elevator was returned to service after undergoing the most recent major alteration.
9. If the elevator’s control system has been replaced, the date that the most recent replacement occurred.
10. The intervals at which the elevator undergoes maintenance.
11. The name of the manufacturer of the elevator.
12. The name of the manufacturer of the elevator’s control system.
13. The name of the contractor who maintains the elevator.
14. In respect of a contractor who repaired the elevator during the outage:
i. The name of the contractor.
ii. The date and time that the contractor was first contacted about the outage.
iii. The date and time that the contractor first attended the premises after being contacted about the outage.
(4) The Corporation shall publish on its website the information referred to in paragraphs 1 to 10 of subsection (3).
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day subsection 22 (2) of the Access to Consumer Credit Reports and Elevator Availability Act, 2018 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.