O. Reg. 601/21: ZONING ORDER - TOWNSHIP OF TAY, COUNTY OF SIMCOE
filed August 27, 2021 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 601/21
made under the
Made: August 27, 2021
Filed: August 27, 2021
Published on e-Laws: August 27, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 11, 2021
ZONING ORDER - TOWNSHIP OF TAY, COUNTY OF SIMCOE
1. In this Order,
“accessory” means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to a principal use, building or structure located on the same lot, including,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) recreational amenities,
(c) activity rooms, and
“personal care cabin” means a building that includes supervised living accommodations for persons requiring semi-independent or supervised group living arrangements, and may contain a washroom and cooking facility;
“residential care home” means a building that includes supervised living accommodations and may include associated support services for persons requiring semi-independent or supervised group living arrangements;
“Zoning By-law” means Zoning By-Law 2000-057 of the Township of Tay, as amended.
2. This Order applies to lands in the Township of Tay, in the County of Simcoe in the Province of Ontario, being the lands outlined in red on the map numbered 272 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except for,
(a) personal care cabins;
(b) residential care homes; and
(c) accessory uses.
4. The zoning requirements for the Institutional (I) Zone set out in section 27.3 of the Zoning By-law apply to the uses permitted under section 3 of this Order, except that there is no minimum or maximum number of parking spaces.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of buildings or structures shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the Township of Tay.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: August 27, 2021