O. Reg. 656/21: FIVE-YEAR REPORT BY AGENCY
filed September 17, 2021 under Endangered Species Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 6Skip to content
ontario regulation 656/21
made under the
Endangered Species Act, 2007
Made: September 16, 2021
Filed: September 17, 2021
Published on e-Laws: September 17, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 2, 2021
Five-Year Report by Agency
Five-year report, content
1. The report required by subsection 20.16 (4) of the Act shall contain the following information:
1. A description and evaluation of how the Agency carried out its objects in an efficient and cost-effective manner during the previous five-year period, including,
i. a description of how the Agency achieved administrative efficiencies, and
ii. an evaluation of the Agency’s financial sustainability in the short and long terms.
2. A description and evaluation of the extent to which the activities funded by the Fund during the previous five-year period have been effective in fulfilling the purpose of the Fund, including,
i. a summary of funded activities and outcomes achieved in respect of conservation fund species,
ii. an evaluation of the extent to which the priorities identified in each funding plan for a species have been achieved through funded activities and, for each priority not achieved, an explanation of why it was not achieved,
iii. a summary of how the Agency operated in a transparent manner, including an explanation of the manner in which the Agency made the public aware of how it carried out its objects, and
iv. an evaluation of the effectiveness of the Agency’s approach in making funding decisions, including an evaluation of the effectiveness of any criteria used to assess funding applications.
3. Considering the information in paragraphs 1 and 2 and any other available relevant information about the protection and recovery of the conservation fund species, including scientific information and information provided to the Agency in respect of community knowledge and aboriginal traditional knowledge, an evaluation of how well the Agency fulfilled its objects of managing the Fund in accordance with the Fund’s purpose under subsection 20.1 (2) of the Act.
4. Considering the information in paragraphs 1 to 3 and any other relevant information, any recommendations for adjustments to the funding plans, the operations of the Agency and any other recommendations the Agency wishes to make to the Minister.
5. Any other information specified in the operating agreement required under section 20.11 of the Act.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Le ministre de l'Environnement, de la Protection de la nature et des Parcs,
Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks