O. Reg. 768/21: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF KINGSTON
filed November 10, 2021 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 768/21
made under the
Made: November 10, 2021
Filed: November 10, 2021
Published on e-Laws: November 10, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 27, 2021
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF KINGSTON
1. In this Order,
“zoning by-law” means Zoning By-law No. 8499 of the City of Kingston.
2. This Order applies to the lands in the City of Kingston, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands identified on a map numbered 279 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except for the following:
1. A one-family dwelling.
2. A two-family dwelling.
3. A group dwelling.
4. A row dwelling.
5. A community hall and accessory uses including office and laundry facilities.
6. A garden plot.
7. Accessory buildings.
4. (1) The zoning requirements for the Multiple Family Dwelling Zone (B1) set out in section 14 of the zoning by-law apply to the uses permitted under section 3 of this Order, with the following exceptions:
1. The front lot line for the purposes of this section is deemed to be King Street West.
2. The minimum yard requirement, except for the minimum front yard, is 1.8 metres.
3. The minimum number of required off-street parking spaces is 10.
4. The minimum number of required off-street accessible parking spaces is one.
5. Section 5.3B(e) of the zoning by-law does not apply.
6. The maximum number of storeys is one.
7. There is no minimum floor area per dwelling unit.
8. There is no maximum number of bachelor dwelling units.
9. A maximum of 25 dwelling units is permitted.
(2) In addition to the zoning requirements set out in subsection (1), the zoning requirements for accessory buildings set out in section 5.17(a) of the zoning by-law apply to the uses permitted under paragraph 5 of section 3 of this Order.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. The Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Kingston.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: November 10, 2021