O. Reg. 773/21: ZONING ORDER - TOWN OF AJAX, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAM
filed November 15, 2021 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 773/21
made under the
Made: November 12, 2021
Filed: November 15, 2021
Published on e-Laws: November 15, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 4, 2021
ZONING ORDER – TOWN OF AJAX, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAM
1. In this Order,
“Zoning By-law” means the Town of Ajax Zoning By-Law No. 95-2003.
2. This Order applies to lands in the Town of Ajax, in the Regional Municipality of Durham, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands outlined in red on the map numbered 276 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
Prestige Employment Zone
3. (1) This section applies to the lands located in the area shown as the Prestige Employment Zone on the map referred to in section 2.
(2) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in subsection (1), except for the uses permitted in the Prestige Employment Zone under the Zoning By-law.
(3) The zoning requirements for the Prestige Employment Zone set out in the Zoning By-law apply to the lands described in subsection (1), with the following exceptions:
1. An accessory retail sales outlet shall not exceed 20 per cent of the total gross floor area of the premises in which it is located.
2. The maximum gross floor area of an accessory retail sales outlet is 500 square metres.
3. A single-unit building containing any of the following shall be permitted only as ancillary to a principal building on a lot:
i. A day care facility.
ii. A dry cleaning establishment.
iii. A financial institution.
iv. A personal service shop.
v. A restaurant.
vi. A restaurant drive-thru.
vii. A service or repair shop.
viii. A veterinary clinic.
4. The maximum gross floor area of a single-unit building is 350 square metres.
5. The aggregate ground floor area of all single-unit buildings shall be limited to 15 per cent of the total ground floor area for all buildings on the property.
6. A maximum of two rows of parking shall be permitted in the front yard and exterior side yard.
7. The combined number of parking spaces in the front yard and exterior side yard shall not exceed 60 per cent of the total number of parking spaces provided.
8. Trailer parking for short-term staging shall be permitted only in the interior side yard.
Environmental Protection Zone
4. (1) This section applies to the lands located in the area shown as the Environmental Protection Zone on the map referred to in section 2.
(2) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in subsection (1), except for the uses permitted in the Environmental Protection Zone under the Zoning By-law.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of buildings or structures shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the Town of Ajax.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: November 12, 2021