O. Reg. 19/22: TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF STATUTORY PROTECTIONS FOR BLACK ASH
filed January 25, 2022 under Endangered Species Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 6Skip to content
ontario regulation 19/22
made under the
Endangered Species Act, 2007
Made: January 21, 2021
Filed: January 25, 2022
Published on e-Laws: January 25, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 12, 2022
Temporary suspension of statutory protections for Black Ash
1. This Regulation applies with respect to the classification of black ash (Fraxinus nigra) as an endangered species in the annual report submitted by COSSARO to the Minister on January 27, 2021.
2. Despite any amendment to Ontario Regulation 230/08 (Species at Risk in Ontario List), made under the Act, listing black ash as an endangered species, the prohibitions in subsections 9 (1) and 10 (1) of the Act do not apply with respect to black ash for the period that begins on January 26, 2022 and ends on January 25, 2024.
3. The reason for the temporary suspension described in section 2 is that, without such a suspension, the application of the prohibitions in subsections 9 (1) and 10 (1) of the Act with respect to black ash would likely have significant social and economic implications for many parts of Ontario, and, as a result, additional time is required to determine the best approach to protecting black ash and its habitat.
4. This Regulation is revoked.
5. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, this Regulation comes into force on the later of January 26, 2022 and the day it is filed.
(2) Section 4 comes into force on January 26, 2024.
Pris par :
Le ministre de l'Environnement, de la Protection de la nature et des Parcs,
Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks