O. Reg. 33/22: TAXES AND CHARGES ON HYDRO-ELECTRIC GENERATING STATIONS
filed January 28, 2022 under Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 33/22
made under the
Electricity Act, 1998
Made: September 28, 2021
Filed: January 28, 2022
Published on e-Laws: January 28, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 12, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 124/02
(TAXES AND CHARGES ON HYDRO-ELECTRIC GENERATING STATIONS)
1. (1) Subsection 5 (1) of Ontario Regulation 124/02 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
6. The Sir Adam Beck 2 Generating Station, located on the Niagara River in the City of Niagara Falls, for the period commencing January 1, 2024 and ending December 31, 2033, but only in respect of the gross revenue derived from the amount of electricity generated annually by the station and conveyed through a transmission or distribution system owned by the owner of the station or its affiliate for use in the production of hydrogen during periods when the station is providing grid regulation services which would have otherwise resulted in downward turbine modulation, and only while the station is owned by Ontario Power Generation Inc.
(2) Section 5 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) The holder of the water power lease for the station referred to in paragraph 6 of subsection (1) is exempt from the water rental charge under subsection 92.1 (5) of the Act for the period commencing January 1, 2024 and ending December 31, 2033, but only with respect to the gross revenue derived from the electricity generation used in the production of hydrogen as described in that paragraph.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Finance
Date made: September 28, 2021