O. Reg. 470/22: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF WINDSOR
filed August 19, 2022 under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
ontario regulation 470/22
made under the
Made: August 19, 2022
Filed: August 19, 2022
Published on e-Laws: August 22, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 3, 2022
ZONING ORDER – CITY OF WINDSOR
1. In this Order,
“Zoning By-law” means Zoning By-Law No. 8600 of the City of Windsor.
2. (1) This Order applies to lands in the City of Windsor in the Province of Ontario, being the lands outlined in red on a map numbered 308 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
(2) For the purposes of this Order, the lands described in subsection (1) are deemed to be a single lot.
(3) For the purposes of this Order, the “front lot line” is deemed to be the lot line parallel to and abutting Banwell Road.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in subsection 2 (1), except for the uses permitted in the Manufacturing District 2.2 (MD2.2) Zone under subsection 19.2.1 of the Zoning By-law.
4. (1) The zoning requirements for the lands described in subsection 2 (1) are the zoning requirements set out in section 5, subsection 19.2.5 and sections 24 and 25 of the Zoning By-law.
(2) Despite subsection (1), the required minimum total number of parking spaces is 1,500.
(3) Despite subsection (1), the main building shall be set back a minimum of 18 metres from the front lot line.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be a by-law passed by the council of the City of Windsor.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: August 19, 2022